Damnnnn Dana. Back at it again with the beauty product reviews! Welcome to:
Today I’m talking all about foundation and I’m giving you the low down on some of the best products I’ve been using lately (and some that are on my makeup ‘wish list’!) Like the foundation of your home, foundation is such an important base in your makeup routine. Wearing the right or wrong kind can really make or break your entire look, but of course, you beauty fiends already know that! That being said, finally, here are my picks! I’m also interested to hear what you’re wearing, so please leave me some recommendations in the comments below!
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow foundation- This is the best bang for your buck product I’m using right now! I really find this to be comparable to the NARS Sheer Glow foundation, which I’ve used for years. It gives even, build able coverage with a nice, dewy glow! My roommate, April, turned me on to this and I know that this will be one of my go-to products for a while. It’s great for both every day use and for getting ultra glam for a night out. I finish the look off with the Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Powder Foundation. The one caveat with this baby is that it tends to wear off around my T-zone when I don’t use a finishing spray. I would recommend carrying a powder around with you for touch ups!
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint – This stuff is great for a your-natural-skin-but-better kind of look. It’s extremely low coverage and it provides mostly a sheer glow over your skin. I like to use this when I need a break from all of the layers I tend to wear. It doesn’t cover up any scarring or marks, but it does create a beautiful dewy look. I feel like if you’re going to use this, you need to use it alone. You start to lose the effect once you start layering powder on top. It’s really watery and works best in small amounts. I basically just squeeze a few drops over my forehead, on my cheeks and nose and blend softly with my fingers.
- Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue – This is my new FAVORITE foundation. whether you want light coverage for a clean, daytime look or a fuller coverage for a night out, this stuff is for you. It makes my skin so even, covers up all of my imperfections and gives me an all around beautiful glow. This is perfect for combination skin and totally breathable. I like to use the Sephora powder on top to really set my face and they go so well together. Additional note: this has SPF.
- Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint- This is really great if you want a full coverage, matte look. It kind of reminds me of the Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo foundation, which is the thickest foundation I’ve ever used. This is comparable, but lighter. It creates a really beautiful, sleek matte finish, so if that’s your look you must try this! I will warn you though: if you have dry skin, STAY AWAY. This will only emphasize how dry your skin is and it’ll look extremely uneven. Whenever I use this, I tend to mix it with a face oil to make the texture a little less thick and sticky. It also pairs well with the Sephora powder. Additional note: this also has SPF.
- Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Powder Foundation- My new holy grail of pressed powder! It’s a little too sheer to wear alone, but it looks so good over liquid foundation. It reminds me of a slightly more translucent version of the Smashbox Photo Filter Foundation and Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder.
- IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination– This is my go to powder foundation for the days when I’m not in the mood to wear liquid. It’s full coverage and it creates a gorgeous luminous glow. The finish is absolutely flawless and it lasts all day. It’a also made with various anti-aging ingredients, so it’s good for your skin, too! This is a must try if you prefer powder foundation and you want a product that doesn’t create an overly matte, washed out finish.
And there you have it! Those are my current favorite products that I rotate through daily! I’m currently dying to try the Giorgio’s Armani Maestro Foundation (let’s be real, who isn’t?) and the Chanel CC cream (not exactly foundation, but still!). I’ve been using a sponge to blend my liquid foundation rather than a brush. While the blender ball is amazing, I recommend the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. It’s about $15 cheaper and it does the job. Who doesn’t like to save money?!
I want to hear from you! What have you been using?