Happy Monday, friends! Or should I say amigos? T-3 days until we are off to Europe for a 10 day stay in España! We’ll be flying into Barcelona, where we’ll spend 3 days before heading out to the Catalonian country side! I am SO excited. The food, the history, the language! I already know this is going to be the slowest week ever. Get me outta here!
My suitcase is all zipped up and ready to go! That is, until I change my mind about an outfit or think I forgot something **sooo essential** that I have to open it back up and add it in. My packing philosophy pretty much goes something like this: pack it all now, worry about it later (like when you’re about to throw your suitcase on the scale at the check in counter. Rule of thumb: if you can lift it, it’ll (probably) make it.) So, I’m sure that by now, you’ve deduced that this is not by any means a packing guide. Instead, I’ve thrown together some travel essentials that’ll be coming with me to Spain!
- Mustard Striped Composure Shmaxi by Windsor Store: Stocking up on maxi dresses for our trip to Italy last year was one of the smartest things I ever did and made me think differently about packing for vacations. Dresses and rompers are super easy to pack and most importantly, they don’t require coordinating various pieces. Easy peasy. Count me in! The second I saw this romper from Windsor Store, I knew it was going to be coming along to Spain with me. Shop it here.
- Moroccan Oil Shimmering Body Oil: I won this body oil in a giveaway a while back (Shout out to Kelly from She Went West!) and I’ve been obsessed ever since! First of all, it smells amazing. Second, it gives you a nice glimmer, without looking like a disco ball. Throw this on over a tan, and you’ll glisten and smell like a goddess with the softest skin around.
- Oversized pool float: It’s time to step up your pool game this season with a bad ass float! If you have an Instagram, odds are you’ve seen these all over in the form of unicorns, swans and flamingos. We totally started this trend last year in Italy, btw, see below! 😉 While we had a flamingo last year, you’ll soon catch us floating around on a huge rubber duck.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer with SPF: Fact: I was absolutely horrible about using sunscreen growing up. I rarely used anything above SPF 8, if any at all. That has since drastically changed, and I now use sunscreen with SPF on a daily basis. I’m a huge fan of the Hydro Boost line, especially the Water Gel. It’s super light and the ultimate thirst quencher for dry skin. Try the SPF 15 version for days you’ll be outside. I’ll be replenishing my stash this week.
- Printed Bathing Suit by Boohoo: If you saw my bathing suit round up from a few weeks ago, then this suit probably looks familiar. One piece suits are clearly all the rage this season, and I’m loving fun prints for the summer! I thought this suit was perfect for Spain, so it’s coming along too (along with 5 other new suits *excsessive*)
- Oversized Reflective Sunnies by Zero UV: If you haven’t heard of Zero UV, you have to check them out ASAP. Their sunglasses are amazing, not to mention they’re SO CHEAP. I got this pair for $10.95, and when buying funky glasses, there’s no need to splurge like crazy!
- Gold Slides by Top Shop: My gold slides were one of the best purchases I ever made! They go with almost everything to create a sleek, casual look. They’re also so comfy! Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to track down my pair. Luckily for you, they’re so in this season!! Get ’em while they’re hot! I love this awesome pair from Top Shop, but you can shop various similar styles like these from Aldo, which are on sale!
So, there you have it! These are the more glamorous things that’ll be coming along, but I’m also bringing a mini steamer and a mini blow dryer! In my opinion, those are among the BEST travel investments. Let me know what you think in the comments below and I’ll see you in España!
One thought on “Vacation Essentials”
Great blogging!!! You are all set!!! Have a great trip!!!